Dayton Youth Rugby
Dayton Youth Rugby offers programs for Pre-K through 8th Grade students. Teams are concentrated within local communities for practices and come together to play games throughout the season.
- This is a recreational league for the community! All kids will play.
- Safety above all else. This is the thread woven through the fabric of everything we do.
- Step by step learning full 7s rugby (Olympic game)
- Begin with flag/two-hand touch and slowly progress to full contact
- Line outs, scrumming, rucking are introduced progressively as players are ready
- Coaches are certified through USA Rugby
- Respect all players in action and word
- Do not speak negatively to each other
- Do not hurt each other
- What is REAL winning?
- Teamwork. Rugby is unique as play develops on the field and is controlled by the players
More details can be found out about each program on the individual team pages.
The season begins at the end of March and runs through mid-May.
Dayton Youth Commissioner