Cincinnati Youth Rugby offers programs for Pre-K through 8th Grade students. Players will come together for academy-style training and split into teams for games.
- This is a recreational league for the community! All kids will play.
- Safety above all else. This is the thread woven through the fabric of everything we do.
- Step by step learning full 7s rugby (Olympic game)
- Begin with flag/two-hand touch and slowly progress to full contact
- Line outs, scrumming, rucking are introduced progressively as players are ready
- Coaches are certified through USA Rugby
- Respect all players in action and word
- Do not speak negatively to each other
- Do not hurt each other
- What is REAL winning?
- Teamwork. Rugby is unique as play develops on the field and is controlled by the players
Practices will be Friday evening at Clete McDaniels Park in Sycamore Township and Games will be played Saturday morning at the Robert J. Schuler Sports Complex in Sycamore Township 11532 Deerfield Road Cincinnati, OH 45249 .
The season begins at the end of March and runs through mid-May.