Principles Behind The Game
Youngstown Youth Rugby offers programs for 5th through 8th Grade students. Players will come together for academy-style training and split into teams for games.
- This is a recreational league for the community! All kids will play.
- Safety above all else. This is the thread woven through the fabric of everything we do.
- Step by step learning full 7s rugby (Olympic game)
- Begin with flag/two-hand touch and slowly progress to full contact
- Line outs, scrumming, rucking are introduced progressively as players are ready
- Coaches are certified through USA Rugby
- Respect all players in action and word
- Do not speak negatively to each other
- Do not hurt each other
- What is REAL winning?
- Teamwork. Rugby is unique as play develops on the field and is controlled by the players
The season begins at the end of March and runs through mid-May.